For 15 years, higher education IT leaders have used the EDUCAUSE Top 10 IT Issues to calibrate their IT-related activities and inform their strategic planning.
What’s new in 2015? Nothing and everything. One constant is change, and three themes characterize this year’s list:
Inflection Point — The trends that have motivated early adopters are cascading into the mainstream and requiring fundamental changes in strategy.
From Technical to Business — IT leaders and professionals are shifting focus from technical to business problems, with increasing interdependencies.
The New Normal — BYOD, digitization, and associated technologies and opportunities are changing the nature of user support and appropriate security policies.
- EDUCAUSE Review Articles — View the top 10 and learn more
- Feature: Top 10 IT Issues 2015: Inflection Point
- Ten Reasons to Tackle the Top 10 IT Issues
- An Administrative IT Perspective on the Top 10 IT Issues
- The Top 3 Strategic Information Security Issues
- The Top 10 IT Issues and the ELI Content Anchors: Convergence
- Developing Strategies for Implementing Analytics
- Multimedia — Get quick overviews in video and audio
- Supporting Data and Graphics — Focus on data, trends, and institutional types
- Additional Materials — Deepen your domain knowledge